August 16, 2011

California Komachi

I encountered these ladies in the streets of Shibuya after missing the last train home on Christmas Eve*. They were in full mouse (cat?) costume and handing out leaflets. Today I finally found their leaflet and looked them up. They go by the name of カリフォルニア小町 (The California Town-beauties). I never knew that small+town=town belle before I started this post. I'll teach you one more word:表現する (hyougen suru): to express a concept. In the video, they use gymnastics to create cheesy images of famous Indian things. Their artistic merits are moot, but I just think they should keep the masks off.



*Don't worry, I met random foreigners and we all went to the best room at Karaoke Hiroba. Excellent Christmas Eve, that.

Japanese Study Links

Sign/Ad J | J Slang | J News w/Pics | J Vids
Karaoke | J Commercials | Let's Yoji! | Kanji

3 comments:

  1. This is weird, but I think because I'm a man, seeing women in tight clothing is appealing. Hahaha. It's even more strange because they're in mouse costumes and some of the poses they do... do I even need to say it? ahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should definitely keep those masks off! Pretty funny though^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a ridiculous clip...but I am glad I watched it. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.