July 29, 2009

Karaoke: Ore ha Kaubōi (I'm a Cowboy)

Ha, I felt I had to apply English title capitalization rules to the Romaji above.

When Japanese people hear I am from the West and that my family has a couple of horses, they sometimes reminice about an old show called Laramie (ララミー牧場: raramī bokujyō [ranch] in Japananese). It's a show from way before my time, so I just have to shrug my shoulders. But last night, upon meeting a new student, I pulled the old iphone out and found the following vid and showed it to him. Karaoke is the eikaiwa lubricant of choice for me; I have to do it regularly to maintain good relations with my students.



Anyways, all this bokujyō talk reminds me that OK Bokujyō (Gunfight at the O.K. Corral) was pretty famous here too, to the point where saying its name became a joke. Play us out, Japanese Boss Bush!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.