May 21, 2009

Muscle Wii Game: Golden Eggs Connection?


Looking at this commercial, I couldn't help but think this game has a few influences. Weird, slightly homoerotic bodybuilding games have a long history in Japan (Cho Aniki for one). But I can't help but wonder if they are riffing off of Golden Eggs what with the stolen protein, football-bodybuilder rivalries, and distinctive "Oush!" utterances. I don't think it's a bad thing at all to get inspiration from Golden Eggs though.

Below is not one of the Golden Eggs episodes-- I figure that you have probably seen those a million times anyways--but actually a CC Lemon add staring "It's a chest supporter!" Stefan and the gang. They also do Nisan commercials.


BTW, a macho man brought talk of CC Lemon to this blog recently, in case you missed it. If you wanna know more about the 細マッチョ (hoso-maccho: thin-macho) thing that guy babbles about, you need to see this CM.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of Golden Eggs too when I saw this trailer! That protein episode is like the best one.

    ブラじゃないよぉ~!大胸筋強制サポーターだよぉ~!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.