April 28, 2009

Karaoke Practice: Webster?!

Someday I will feature something more useful for karaoke enthusiasts, I promise, but I just found another foreigner singing in Japanese and I couldn't resist.

I don't know why this exists, or if you could ever find it in a karaoke machine. What I do know is Webster+Japan=Awesome. But at the same time, scarier than that time he talked with the Norman Batesesque doll. I did not make that up just now; I have vague childhood memories.


This was on the album City Connection, which sold over 300,000 records. If only Japan didn't seem to suck so much for finding old records (and they cost way too much when you do find them) I would go out and find these sorts of things and annoy my neighbors with them. Apparently the Japanese called him Emanieru-bouya (Emmanuel-kid) back then. I just call him Webster, rather insensitively, but yes, he is really Emmanuel Lewis.

Bonuses gets: A little CM for the record.
EDIT: Oh, here is a rather good live performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.