December 3, 2008

Life is Good in Japan

As I walk down to the little market (such cheap food!) I encounter many little treasures. An old woman with a poodle in a baby satchel on her back. Two other dogs of a breed I forget (boxer?) that go crazy when they see me. My little clothes washing place. A small garden/tea house. The woman comes out, wondering if I am a customer. "Oh, it's just that it's beautiful, so..." I say bashfully. I notice on my way back that there is a small basin out in front of the soba shop, and little silver fish are swimming within.
A simple walk to get a drink, and all these reminders: I'm glad I moved here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're enjoying the little things in life :) most people don't see their beauty anymore... and I'm also glad you still like your life in Japan. I can't wait to move there myself!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.