April 8, 2008

Making an MP3 into a SMAF (.mff) file on OS X for lulz


Did you understand that title?
I'm hoping someone out there sees this post and has a lot less trouble than I did. In case you don't know, this is about getting a ring tone onto your Japanese cell (I have a Vodafone phone (I know, the company name changed)). Anyways, I converted a file to .mff with this free application. That's all there was to it in the end, but it took me forever to find out. Just convert your song to an AIFF or WAV and you're good to use this. BTW, my phone only accepted 4Khz or whatever.

The good news is: I have a real chakushin ari ring tone! She's gonna call, right? Let's hope.

"Clay, nobody ever knows what the hell you are talking about." --Colin (paraphrased)

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I've just been working on flashing my phones software to let me use mp3's, but I've been to chicken because it can ruin the phone. Question for you Clay: Are the majority of cell phones in Japan prepaid? I've heard that somewhere and found it interesting.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.