December 31, 2007

Almost over

On new year's day I go back. And recover as much as possible.
I just saw this, and was thinking, wow I'm not the only one?
Did the Akihabara thing today. It kinda sucked. Den Den Town in Osaka has much cheaper merchandise, and is not nearly as sleazy. Tried to go to a maid cafe, but the line was too long. Saw a foreigner maid though, that was interesting; she had Japanese maid hair, if that makes sense.

Things would be easier if I had buddies around. The other people at the hostel are mostly quiet Asians that travel in groups and don't really need to talk with others, but I got to talking with a girl from Hong Kong. She was interesting; wish I had more time to ask about her city.

Oh, and totally flubbed a chance for a date in the big city before I leave. A girl gave me directions (without me asking, she just saw me looking at a map), and asked "Are you traveling alone?" among other things. That is sooo code for do you have a girlfriend? is it not? But I didn't notice and said goodbye once we got to the place I was going. Blarg. A date could have cheered me up too. And don't give me that crap about she was just being nice. A guy has to dream when in the city.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I don't think I like Tokyo anymore. It's making you emo. One thing I've always loved about you is that despite anything else you always seemed to have a great deal of faith in the human race and its ability to surprise and turn a good coin. Hell, maybe I don't know you well enough to make that judgement, but MY faith in the human race kinna depends on people like you to laugh the bad times off and wear that sarcastic smile. How dare the city turn you jaded. Anyway, it's 3 in the morning here and that was my long-winded and sleep-deprived way of saying that I'd really wish you to cheer up. It's a vacation. Supposed to be enjoyable, ya know. ^-~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is always helpful to be told you have a good world-view from a second party (gives you something to live up to). Yeah, this city did make me kinda emo ha ha.
    Best to you for the new year, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You too darlin'. Set something on fire. It's tradition. *nods* I suggest fireworks though...burning other things tends to get you in trouble... <.< >.>

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.