August 18, 2007

Pumpkin pasta

What can I say, カボチャ is a very prominent plant here, and the only substitute I have for squash.

Recipie:
Half a japanese pumpkin, sliced thin
Okra
Green and red peppers
garlic
cayene
gram masala
tumeric

lemon juice
parmesan cheese

Short, twisty pasta or bowtie pasta

Process:
Cook the vegies on med-low heat, using oil.
Boil the pasta. I found a brand that cooks in two minutes.
Drain the pasta, stir it into the veggies with oil and spices
sprinkle in lemon juice
Enjoy. I find the sweetness of the pumpkin compliments the lemon.

1 comment:

  1. I'd tell you some of my own recipies, but I don't have any. I just sort of throw things together in a pot or pan and hope they end up tasting all right. It's really hard to fail with pasta, I've found.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.