March 23, 2006

How I became Tom Cruise and destroyed everything with help from Japanese radio waves

The male announcer leaned in. <"What famous person do you look like?">
Me: "Uh, one of my students said I look like Tom Cruise a few weeks back..."
Female announcer:<"Okay, you are Tom Cruise!">
And so we went on the air.
Male: <"Hey why are you smiling so broadly? Could it be that a handsome man is beside you?">
Female: <"Why yes, but sorry, I'm not thinking of you, the man on my left. No, I am talking about the one on my right, Tara-cho's own Ku...reton... Bar...rukudo...ru. Man, he looks just like Tom Cruise! Clayton, please tell us about yourself!">

So I opened my mouth, and I caused a sequel to the apocalypse (see how I caused the end times). Then I got invited by the pretty producers to go drinking sometime.

5 comments:

  1. Do you hang out with blind Japanese people often? hee hee just half kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I realize I'm no George Clooney, but I'm at least a Cruise, right? Aw, it doesn't matter, I still got my smug sense of self-satisfaction... when I'm not crying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see you as a relative of James Van Der Beek's. I don't see the comparison with a short, dark-featured, latino-ish guy, sorry. Good to be fawned over tho', right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha. I would be suprised if anyone seriously did think I looked like Tom Cruise, outside of the Japanese. My dad kind of looks like an angry Tom Cruise (M:I erra). And I'm like the result of a marrage with the iceman. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :P That's awesome. Though...I dunno if you look too much like Tom Cruise... Meh. Never been a fan of him anyway. You look better. At any rate, it can't be as bad as you make it out to be, you spaz. I'm sure you were wonderful and once again stunned the Japanese community or something of the like. Miss you, doll. Love you, too! Talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.