December 5, 2005

Yes, we have no legality

GOTTCHA!

So upon arriving at school, the vice-principal informed me that the English teacher was sick, then she asked, "You teach alone okay?"
Me: "Uh, okay, but that is illegal, ne?"
her:What?
we grab the other English teacher to translate the term illegal and I ask again
me: But it is illegal for me to teach alone, right?
them: Yes.
me: So we are going to break the law?
them: Yes, but just once.
me: blink Kay...

So I taught alone. I like being alone actually except for the fact that the kids are more loud than usual and I lack the vocabulary to say, "So you see, swum is the past-participal of swim."

So that picture has been circulating around the Japanese internet. I liked it so...

4 comments:

  1. That's what happens when a land mine full of freaky enthusiasm goes off on the dance floor. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having fun...Keep in touch K.
    Much Luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now Steph, I don't want you to take offense, but I don't want other people getting curious like I did and looking up what you mentioned, so I've done in your comment. Oh lord, why did you have to mention that? Otherwise, it was a lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.