September 14, 2005

Gatalypic hopeful

I was kind of disappointed today to hear that I won't be participating in a special "beat some thing with a stick and trip your opponents" type event in this year's matsuri, due to the fact that everyone is too shy to wear the requisite loincloths. My response: "Boku mo."
But at least the Gatalympics is still on, so you can bet I'll be there to represent for the gaijins*!


*:Not sure if I should pluralize a Japanese word or not, but it's in Romanji, so...
--
In other news, I started Karate. I have terrible posture, I've forgotten all of my skills, and I am so sore right now. Very happy.
And the first Japanese girl to develop a crush on me is, I'm guessing, eight years old. Kids like me. One cried when I left his house today.


"We're the Ottomans! And you're not!" [/obscure Earnest reference that stuck with me from childhood for no apparent reason RIP Jim Varney]
More interesting info about mudskippers/Gatalypics here.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, aren't you glad you're a teacher instead of a mudskipper flicker? I can hardly wait to here about the competition. It should be great fun, and you'll probably meet a lot of interesting souls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please post pictures. We'll be with you in spirit... on the sidelines... dry, clean, and warm... cheering you on... and laughing. Enjoy.

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, that's so cute! ^-^ The 8-year-old I mean...not the mudskippers so much... *blink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. i get disapointed when i cant be in a beating with the stick tripping thing to

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey clay that anonymous person is me CHRISTINE

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.