August 19, 2005

500 bowls of ramen

Happy about knowing how much money I actually have to spend. Here's a hint: My paycheck today could pay for 500 bowls of Ramen. That's athentic Japanese restaraunt ramen, not the 7¢ stuff you buy in the U.S.
--
Talked to a girl from Germany today. Introduced her to E Nomine. ipods are truly conversation starters.
--
Ate Unagi (eel) today. I even ate the head. Very tasty.
--
So the crash-coarse method of Japanese study... I'm not a fan. I've learned (glossed over) so much that I've basically retained nothing and am right back where I started. But on a positive note I can finally read hirigana competently. Time to study on my own. Time to translate some manga too...

6 comments:

  1. It was a secret, I couldn't tell you.

    Mmm, Unagi.
    Mmm, Ramen.
    Mmm, Clayton.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had ramen once.... no, really.

    Sounds like you have been having good times. Keep exploring, and keep up the studying.

    later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, is it bad that I agree with Benny up there? ^-~ I like that 7 cent stuff. Lots of cool tricks you can do with it as far as cooking goes....

    P.S. "WTF?" in a good way. Definitely. ^-~ *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. the 7¢ has it's place, but Ramen in this country can be like caressing a lover if you are a true gormet.

    That said, I think Ben agrees with me, especially after we watched tampopo together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Clay,

    I know you probably are asking yourself "Why is this guy reading so far back in my blog." But I am bored and am curious what your older posts were.

    But what Manga did you start translating on your own? I am sure there is a large range in difficulty of reading in manga...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I was kidding myself at that stage; still couldn't do any meaningful reading back then

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated in a speedy fashion.